Does Latex/Tex install? Does Latex/Tex work? How do you get it installed? How do you get it to work?

Lee Rothstein lee@veritech.com
Thu May 26 18:34:00 GMT 2011

I have never been able to get the Tex stuff to work. I've never
even been able to install it successfully.

I admit it, I'm a dolt.

Anybody have the "magic beans" on this?

I've tried installing and reinstalling. Never can get it to work.

Here's some feedback from my last "install attempts":
--
Reinstalled, all of Tex:
* Publishing group, which includes: ec-fonts-mftraced

Package: ec-fonts-mftraced
     postinstall-ec-fonts-mftraced.sh exit code 1
Package: Unknown package
     exim.sh exit code 1
     mined.sh exit code 1
--
isn't 'postinstall-ec-fonts-mftraced.sh' misnamed?
--

   Missing file: /etc/postinstall/postinstall-ec-fonts-mftraced.sh from
package ec-fonts-mftraced

   Cygwin Configuration Diagnostics
--
I did notice in latex.log that it references a file:
"latex.aux". Is the file name extension a problem?

Lee