setup and mintty (was Re: New setup.exe release?)

Ryan Johnson ryanjohn@ece.cmu.edu
Wed May 25 16:14:00 GMT 2011

On 25/05/2011 11:54 AM, KHMan wrote:
> On 5/25/2011 11:26 PM, Charles Wilson wrote:

>>> [snip snip]
>>
>>> Consolas on Windows 7 indeed is much improved.
>
> Liberation Mono should get a mention too. It is hinted for the small
> font sizes, great for those who prefer old-style crisp hinted glyphs.
> I use it on mintty for Cygwin.

How do you get mintty to see Liberation Mono? I downloaded the family
from redhat, installed it on my w7-x64 machine, made sure it was set to
'show,' and started a fresh mintty, but it still can't find the font.
Even unchecking 'hide fonts based on language settings' in 'font
settings' didn't help (made a lot of other fonts appear, tho).

(For now I'm using Lucida Console)

Thanks,
Ryan