Using Cygwin Emacs

Markus Hoenicka markus.hoenicka@mhoenicka.de
Mon May 16 07:27:00 GMT 2011

Ken Brown was heard to say:

> There are plenty of Cygwin users who use (Cygwin's) emacs. I don't
> understand your last two questions. What do you mean by the "default
> 23.2 zip package"? But if you want to know what it's like to use
> Cygwin's emacs package instead of whatever you're using now, why not
> just try it?

I assume "23.2 zip package" refers to the native NTEmacs port of GNU
Emacs. I've used this port in the past mainly because it offers file
drag&drop support. However, I came across serious speed issues of this
port (see
http://www.mhoenicka.de/system-cgi/blog/index.php?itemid=2022) so I'd
also recommend to use Cygwin's emacs. Works out of the box over here.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka