How to setup cygwin to use "always" testmode

Ralf wiesweg@tacos-gmbh.de
Fri Mar 18 08:54:00 GMT 2011

I'm using cygwin under windows to change text-files with windows line-endings
(CR and LF). I wrote a lot of shell-scripts which call each other. The
filenames in those scripts are sometimes given als windows filenames (e.g.
c:\temp\file.txt) sometimes relative (e.g. ../tmp/file.txt) sometimes as unix
filenames (e.g. /c/temp/file.txt) and sometimes without any directory (e.g.
file.txt)

The current versions of cygwin now only use entries from fstab to determine
the mode but this will break all my scripts because the same file will
sometimes be treated as binary (filename c:\temp\file.txt) and sometimes as
text (filename /c/temp/file.txt).

So is there a way to say 'use always textmode' like it was possible in former
releases?