grub install with cygwin

Christian Franke Christian.Franke@t-online.de
Thu Jun 30 17:09:00 GMT 2011

J.V. wrote:
> I have two disks in my box that are non linux.  On one disk is found
> Windows 7 and am having issues installing
> grub that comes with cygwin.
>
> How can I contact the person that compiled / packaged grub for cygwin
> for a fix for this?
>
> It does not create the default /etc/defaults/grub file

The /etc/default/grub file is not created - it is read by
/usr/sbin/grub-mkconfig if present.

> and there are a number of other things I am having issues with that
> deal with
> the packaging and execution of grub.

Please be more specific.
Installation failure?
Boot failure?
No boot menu but grub prompt?
Does grub ls command list partitions correctly?
Does manual boot via grub shell work?

It is always a good idea to first create and test a grub rescue CD to
check compatibility, see
http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2010-05/msg00556.html

Christian