Strange cygpath behavior.

Marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 14:15:00 GMT 2011

On 6/23/2011 2:52 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Peter Rosin!
>
>>> I'm facing an unacceptable cygpath behavior related to the network shares.
>
>> Unacceptable?
>
> Exactly.

Unacceptable seems a moral judgement, for this reason
I guess Peter is perplexed.

>> Perhaps your quoting skills and expectations fall
>> into that category...
>
>>> The testcase is:
>>>
>>> [\\DAEMON1\anrdaemon]$cygpath -u \\DAEMON1\anrdaemon\.profile
>>> //DAEMON1/anrdaemon/.profile
>
>> I think you mean cygpath -u \\\\DAEMON1\\anrdaemon\\.profile
>
> No, I did mean what I wrote.

What about a more clear explanation of what do you expect
to obtain ? I have problem to understand your problem,
while Peter answer seems more obvious (to me).

In general the "\" is used as escape character so unquoted
it just preserves the next character

\\DAEMON1\anrdaemon\.profile
is equivalent to
"\DAEMON1anrdaemon.profile"

> Glad you quoted it, strange that you didn't read it.
>

> --
> WBR,
>   Andrey Repin (anrdaemon@freemail.ru) 23.06.2011,<16:49>
>
> Sorry for my terrible english...