TMP and TEMP get redefined, but I need the original values

szgyg szgyg@ludens.elte.hu
Tue Jun 14 06:44:00 GMT 2011

On 6/12/2011 7:55 PM, Roland Bluethgen wrote:
> Looking for the cause I found out that the Cygwin maintainers chose to
> redefine the TEMP and TMP environment variables in /etc/profile
>
> However, now I'm unable to find out
> the original TEMP setting from a script.

Windows stores the environment variables in the registry, under
`HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Environment' and
`HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
Manager\Environment'. You can access these through /proc/registry in
cygwin. For an example see the PRINTER setting in /etc/profile.

szgyg