TMP and TEMP get redefined, but I need the original values

Roland Bluethgen calocybe@web.de
Mon Jun 13 14:15:00 GMT 2011

Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> * Roland Bluethgen (Sun, 12 Jun 2011 23:01:12 +0200)
>
> TMP in Cygwin is "user-crafted"? TMP in Windows? TMP in your script?

TMP in Windows.

>> Also, this approach would defeat the intended purpose of the
>> redefinition of TMP (avoiding permissions screwup). Or am I missing
>> something here?
>
> If you're the only Cygwin user on your machine, this is a reasonable
> way. Otherwise not.

You mean, the permissions problem only surfaces on machines, where
multiple users use the same cygwin install? Ok, I'll consider that.

For now I resorted to copying the TEMP value to WINDOWS_TEMP on the
native Windows side already, and then refer to that backup from the
script in question.