TMP and TEMP get redefined, but I need the original values

Roland Bluethgen calocybe@web.de
Sun Jun 12 21:01:00 GMT 2011

Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> If you want Linux TMP and Windows TMP point to the same directory then
> mount it in fstab or use $USERPROFILE/AppData/Local/Temp.

I shortened the story a bit, it's really more complicated. The TMP
definition in my case is user-crafted, not the default value which is
normally set up when a user is created in the Windows system.

Also, this approach would defeat the intended purpose of the
redefinition of TMP (avoiding permissions screwup). Or am I missing
something here?