[ANNOUNCEMENT] Re: Updated: less-444-1
Sun Jul 31 17:24:00 GMT 2011
I've made a new version of less available for installation. This is the
most recent version of less available from greenwoodsoftware.com. The
description of what's new from the last release is below. This version
of less should now also (judging from configure script output) have wide
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, please
use the automated form at:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
***** Excerpted from the less NEWS file *****
NEWS about less
Major changes between "less" versions 443 and 444
* Fix bug in unget handling that can cause strange effects on the
* Remove vestiges of obsolete -l option that can cause a crash.
Major changes between "less" versions 436 and 443
* Change search behavior such that when a search is given an explicit
pattern, the entire displayed screen is included in the search and
not just the portion after the target line.
* Add -A option to change search behavior to the old way: only
the portion of the screen after the target line is searched.
* Add %F formatting to prompt strings, replaced by the last component
of the input file.
* Control-G while editing a command exits the command.
* Less now exits with status 2 if control-C is pressed and -K is in effect.
* Fix "ungetc overflow" when passing long commands via the -p option.
* Fix bug in using line filtering via the & command
in combination with -i and -I.
* Fix bug in handling negative arguments to the -j option.
* Fix bug in handling %t in prompt strings.
* Improve handling of long option names.
* Improve percentage calculation for very large files.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin