Changing Home Directory

Mon Jul 25 08:35:00 GMT 2011

On Jul 24 20:00, ScKaSx wrote:
> I just installed Cygwin and found that my home directory is defined by
> Windows HOME environment variable.
>
> My question is how I can change my cygwin home directory without changing
> the Windows HOME variable, in other words to use /etc/mkpasswd?

Remove the $HOME variable from your Windows environment.  Note that $HOME
is *not* a typical Windows environment variable.  Windows itself only
uses $HOMEDRIVE and $HOMEPATH.  If $HOME is set in your Windows env,
you either did it by yourself at one point, or you installed some third
part software which meddled with the Windows environment.

Corinna

Red Hat