Important setup.exe bug : -P switch is inefficient ?

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 10:09:00 GMT 2011

On 22/07/2011 14.08, Vincent Deffontaines wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am running Cygwin 1.7.9(0.237/5/3) on top of Windows NT 6.1 (2008 R2).
>
> What actually happened is that the installer selected *all* available
> packages and started installing them. I had to interrupt it, and deselect
> those numerous packages by hand. This looks like an important problem to
> me.
>
> Currently, I have not found a way to add a package to my Cygwin
> installation over the command line. This leaves me somehow stuck, as I
> have multiple installations where I need to install vim. Installing them
> through the GUI is an option that I would rather avoid, if I can.

for multiple install you can try using
   -L --local-install
from a sanitized tree that include only vim package.
Probably also a sanitized setup.ini is needed

> Please correct me if I have made mistakes or misunderstood setup.exe options.

setup is not perfect, but John Turney is working on improving it.

> Please keep me in Cc: of any answer, as I am no member of the mailing list.
>

> Vincent Deffontaines

Regards
Marco