Random fork failures

yoni levi yonicygwin@gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 12:35:00 GMT 2011

On 12/7/2011 12:29, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> And it worked, didn't it?  Your strace looks normal, no exception occured.
>>>

>> Right. But rxvt crash.
> I have no such problems with rxvt.  The only problem I could reproduce
> is that rxvt had fork trouble which could be fixed using rebase.
>
> Apart from that, the trace doesn't include rxvt, so there's nothing
> to gain from it, unfortunately.
>

> Corinna

Its working for me too when running not from rxvt.
actually, the install command succeed, it just rxvt that crash.
I tried also on another XP machine and a Win7 machine, all with same
results (working perfectly with 1.7.9, but with 1.7.10 rxvt crashes
while with cygwin.bat (cmd.exe) it works good).

I run rxvt under strace (both with 1.7.9 and 1.7.10) - one log is
attached here, and the other in the next mail (size limitations).
just run it with g -d and scroll to the end.