Using cygwin to install grub on windows 7 (does not work)

J.V. jvsrvcs@gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 17:28:00 GMT 2011

When I use cygwin to install grub on my Windows 7 HD, I boot and just
get the grub> prompt.

I have googled a googol or more times for solutions.  Has anyone,
anywhere been able to use cygwin to successfully install grub and get
the graphical login (with a menu)?

I used the mkconfig command to generate what I assumed to be the config
file that would present the menu.

I have two HD's in the system (Windows & Linux as 2nd HD) but nothing
works.  For various reasons I cannot use the linux HD (boot from there)
to install grub.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated, this has been extremely
frustrating.

J.V.