1.7.7: Localization does not follow the language of the OS

Eric Blake eblake@redhat.com
Fri Jan 28 23:33:00 GMT 2011

On 01/28/2011 01:58 PM, Bruno Haible wrote:
> Yes it does - assuming you use a libintl from gettext version >= 0.18,

> I don't know which gettext version is used in cygwin 1.7.7.

0.17, because 0.18 (and .1 and .1.1) doesn't build on cygwin.  This has
been reported before:

Basically, gettext 0.18 tries to avoid auto-import, which conflicts with
cygwin gcc requiring the use of auto-import.  Gettext 0.17 was the last
that could be built on cygwin without major surgery to the makefiles,
and Chuck hasn't had time to port 0.18 into the cygwin distro yet.