Invoking GUI programs over SSH

Thorsten Kampe thorsten@thorstenkampe.de
Fri Jan 21 20:11:00 GMT 2011

* David Antliff (Fri, 21 Jan 2011 08:47:02 +1300)
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 20:06, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> > * David Antliff (Thu, 20 Jan 2011 18:31:25 +1300)
> >> Actually there is one outstanding issue with this "Hudson slaves over
> >> SSH" issue - due to the inability for Cygwin's bash to run scripts
> >> with DOS line endings, we've had to use SHELLOPTS=igncr in our
> >> Cygwin.bat files, since it cannot be modified once bash is running.
> >
> > Convert the shell scripts to LF endings.
>
> Yes, that would work, but it's not quite that simple - git clones
> files in CRLF format, with the autocrlf option set.

I don't see the connection to git. Shell scripts should have LF endings.
Trying to find a workaround for that will just require you to create
more and more workarounds and custom scripts which eventually will
break.

> >> I did a search and found an old cygwin mailing list thread from
> >> 2007 that resulted in "use the new version of Cygwin", which I
> >> believe I have covered as I'm using Cygwin 1.7.5.
> >
> > Sorry, but this seems to get a bit ridiculous: http://cygwin.com/ ->
> > "Current Cygwin DLL version"...
>
> I didn't say I was using the "latest", merely that I'm using a newer
> version than the thread from 2007 concerned.

In that case ignore my response. At least the "this seems to get a bit
ridiculous" part.

Thorsten