Spurious "Connection reset by peer" problems anybody?

Mirko Vukovic mirko.vukovic@gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 15:40:00 GMT 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 5:43 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi listies,
>

> over the weekend I came across a description of a Windows socket problem
> which might affect some of us.  Fortunately I also came across the
> potential solution.
>
> My question is, does anybody have a scenario in which he or she
> encounters weird "Connection reset by peer" or "Software caused
> connection abort" messages in Cygwin, possibly at the end of a
> connection attempt?

I have a problem on one of my machines when I try to do a git
push/pull to an external repo:

> git push
Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer

I am not sure if that qualifies as a good test setup for you.
Additional data point is that git push works fine
on another XP machine, with supposedly identical permissions
and network access.

I am attaching output of cygcheck -s.

Mirko