"Bad Address" error from random executables causing freezes after "upgrading" to Win7

Gerry Reno greno@verizon.net
Mon Feb 14 00:24:00 GMT 2011

Hi Wayne,
    I've been getting numerous "Bad address" errors on an upgraded
Cygwin installation (from 1.5 to 1.7).

    Have no clue what is causing the problem and have tried everything I
could think of to try and get rid of it to no avail.

    I have started several different threads in the past couple weeks
that one way or the other deal with the issue.

    Try searching the archive for them.

    Sample topic:
        1.7.7: Windows 2003 R2 WOW64: Cygwin installation fails

    Good luck.

Regards,
Gerry