Where to find a reliable provider of CygwinX?

Jørgen Steensgaard jsm@steensgaard.org
Wed Feb 2 17:34:00 GMT 2011

I want to terminate this discussion, originating from my concern for
consistency among distribution providers.

Originally I reported on a successful installation of basic Cygwin, i.e.
without X, followed by a failing attempt to install X.  Of course I have
been aware all the way that X did not come with the basic installation,
and I have no idea of how to install X on top of it without using
setup.exe by Cygwin.  Still I am asked to specify how I obtained the
packages for X, because they are not part of the basic installation.

I see no reason to spend more time on this, the experience of which is
like being part of an absurd comedy, to say it mildly.  I feel confident
that I can overcome the technical issues if I use the time on them instead.

End of discussion.

Jørgen