mouse doesn't work in vim in screen in mintty

Rafael Kitover rkitover@cpan.org
Sun Dec 25 18:58:00 GMT 2011

On 12/9/2011 8:23 PM, Rafael Kitover wrote:
> When I run vim in mintty without screen, the mouse works, but inside
> screen it does not.
>
> I tried changing the TERM to xterm before launching vim, but that
> doesn't help, my TERM in screen is set to screen-256color and outside it
> to xterm-256color.
>
> When I ssh to my linux in mintty and run vim inside screen there, the
> mouse works fine.

After investigating this problem further, I found a fix:

alias vim="vim -c 'set ttymouse=xterm2'"

For whatever reason, this command has to run AFTER vim has started up
and read the ~/.vimrc, putting this command into the ~/.vimrc has no effect.

Seems like some sort of bug, but for now I will use the alias.