Latest MinGW-w64 crashes while linking

Cary R. cygcary@yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 19:42:00 GMT 2011

Actually compiling (with i686-w64-mingw32-gcc) the following simple C program is also crashing.

int main()
{
    return 0;

}

Cary

----- Original Message -----
From: Cary R.

Jon,

I just tried the new version of MinGW-w64 without the header update and the compiler is crashing while linking one of our C++ executables.

Here's the link command and the error message:

i686-w64-mingw32-g++ -o ivl.exe main.o async.o design_dump.o discipline.o dup_expr.o elaborate.o  elab_expr.o elaborate_analog.o elab_lval.o elab_net.o  elab_scope.o elab_sig.o elab_sig_analog.o emit.o eval.o eval_attrib.o  eval_tree.o expr_synth.o functor.o lexor.o lexor_keyword.o link_const.o  load_module.o netlist.o netmisc.o net_analog.o net_assign.o net_design.o  netenum.o net_event.o net_expr.o net_func.o net_link.o net_modulo.o  net_nex_input.o net_nex_output.o net_proc.o net_scope.o net_tran.o  net_udp.o pad_to_width.o parse.o parse_misc.o pform.o pform_analog.o  pform_disciplines.o pform_dump.o pform_types.o  symbol_search.o sync.o sys_funcs.o verinum.o verireal.o target.o  Attrib.o HName.o Module.o PDelays.o PEvent.o PExpr.o PGate.o  PGenerate.o PScope.o PSpec.o PTask.o PUdp.o PFunction.o PWire.o  Statement.o AStatement.o LineInfo.o StringHeap.o cprop.o nodangle.o synth.o synth2.o syn-rules.o t-dll.o t-dll-api.o t-dll-expr.o
t-dll-proc.o t-dll-analog.o
collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault], core dumped
Makefile:209: recipe for target `ivl.exe' failed
make: *** [ivl.exe] Error 1

This was compiling correctly with the previous version of the compiler, etc. a couple of days ago. I have not tried to revert to the previous version to see if things work again.

FYI this is the Icarus Verilog development (master) branch from git, if you want to try this locally.

Regards,

Cary