cron log file empty

Mike Brown brown@mrvideo.vidiot.com
Sat Dec 17 17:35:00 GMT 2011

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 12:16:02PM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> That's weird also because there is no uid 0 in the /etc/passwd you sent
> earlier.

You're right.  I never even noticed that.  Also explains why there wasn't a
user name associated with the UID. D'Oh!

> Could there be some confusion between 1.5 and 1.7?

If so, then it is a problem with the setup when installing files onto a 1.5
installing 1.7 on the top of 1.5, even though one is instructed to read the
docs for said things to look out for.  There is nothing in the docs about
going from 1.5 to 1.7.  It would have been nice if there was a section that
dealt only with this topic.

Maybe I should have done to the 1.5 install what I did to the 1.7 install,
when going back to 1.5, and that is wipe out all of the directories, other
than my home.  I wasn't able to remove the tabs directory, in that it
complained that I didn't have the rights to do that (using windblows explorer
to select and delete files/directories).

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot@vidiot.com | vidiot@vidiot.net            /~\ The ASCII
[I've been to Earth.  I know where it is.         ]      \ / Ribbon Campaign