How to re-install X server icon ?

Timothy Madden terminatorul@gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 12:46:00 GMT 2011

Hello

I have recently re-installed Windows (upgraded to 64 bit) on one of the
product testing servers at work.

Happily I had cygwin installed on a different partition, so I had no
need to reinstall all of if (I like to have the full distribution).
However the Desktop/Start Menu icons for cygwin where not there anymore.

Running the installer did restore the cygwin icons on my Desktop, but
there where no Cygwin/X icons on either the desktop or the start menu.

I tried to explicitly re-install, with setup.exe, the xwin-icons package
(in the X11 group), and still I only got icons for all X11 applications,
but not for starting the X server !

Eventually I had to copy the icon from another computer to my start menu ...

Can the Cygwin setup program restore all icons (including X server and
apps icons) if they are missing ? Can the xwin-icons package in X11
group also create the X server icon when re-installed ?

Thank you,
Timothy Madden