1.7.9: static const std::string initialization lost in child process when using fork, dlopen
Thomas D. Dean
Mon Aug 22 03:57:00 GMT 2011
On Sun, 2011-08-21 at 21:44 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 04:56:31PM -0700, Thomas D. Dean wrote:
> >On Sun, 2011-08-21 at 18:19 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >> 're reporting.
> >> If you don't want to try a snapshot for some reason then you could also
> >> try setting the base address of the DLL by using the --auto-image-base
> >> option when linking the DLL.
> >I used
> >g++ -Wall -I. -shared -g -c dll.cpp -o dll.o
> >g++ -Wall -shared -o libdll.dll dll.o
> >g++ -Wall -I. -g -c dlltest.cpp -o dlltest.o
> >g++ -Wall -o dlltest dlltest.o -L. -ldll -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base
> >I still have the stackdump problem.
> >I used hd to look at the files I created with emacs and there are no
> >strange characters.
> I certainly understand that you didn't mean to include strange
> characters. The web archives show strange characters. Lets move on.
You are confusing me with the original poster. I just attempted to
duplicate either of your results.
> Please read what I said above: "when linking the DLL", not when
> linking *with*. So put the -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base on the
> line which produces the dll.
I still get the stackdump...
I will watch for a resolution...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin