gdb-7.3.50-1 can't read debug info for gcc-4.5.0-1 (exp)?

Fri Aug 5 11:59:00 GMT 2011

Hi all,

It seems that the latest release of gdb doesn't quite get debug info
right when reading apps compiled with the experimental gcc-4.5 package.
It's a lot closer than the old  gdb was able to get, but reported line
numbers are usually off by 3-5 lines and breakpoints are similarly affected.

Is there some obvious reason I shouldn't expect this to work, and have
other people seen similar problems? If the answers are "no" and "no"
I'll start trying to isolate a small test case, and meanwhile I'm
building a gdb from scratch which I'll report back on.

Thanks!
Ryan