cygwin 1.7.8-1 setup produces INVALID PACKAGE entries in setup.log.full

Mark Geisert mark@maxrnd.com
Tue Apr 12 13:34:00 GMT 2011

> Just for the record, on my Win7 host I am running ESET's NOD32 64-bit
> antivirus and, as a test, I had disabled that too, also to no avail.

As the FAQ entry for BLODA points out, disabling it may not be enough.  The acid
test is whether removing the BLODA from your system makes a difference.

I'm only running XP but got ESET NOD32 to behave with Cygwin by setting NOD32's
AMON (file monitor) module to exclude C:\cygwin and subdirectories.  That's
another alternative to removing NOD32.
HTH but YMMV,

..mark