bug when current directory has a trailling dot?

Fri Apr 1 19:23:00 GMT 2011

On Apr  1 16:13, Heraldo Maciel França Madeira wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I´ve noticed the following problem in accessing Windows executables from
> specific directories.
>
> If the current directory has a dot-ended component directory, like
> ~/x/y./z or
> ~/x. then some weird things happen (in bash, and in sh, as well):
>
> ----------------------------------
> $ cd ~/x/y./z
> $ /cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/netstat
> bash: /cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/netstat: Not a directory

File names with trailing dots or spaces are not valid Win32 paths,
even though the underlying NTFS fileystems as well as Cygwin supports
them.  However, Cygwin refuses to start native WIn32 applications
to start in directories which are not valid Win32 dirs.  Also see
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-specialnames.html for more info
about special filenames.

Corinna

Red Hat