setup.exe: How to install sources from the command line?

Al oss.elmar@googlemail.com
Mon Sep 27 12:54:00 GMT 2010

> Google wasn't my friend here. I managed to install packages with the
> --category and --packages option of setup.exe.  I didn't find out how
> to install sources.

As there is no answer I assume it is not possible to install source
packages with setup.exe from the windows commandline. So I was looking
for an official way to install source packages from within Cygwin.
Most hits point to a tool called "apt-cyg".
http://code.google.com/p/apt-cyg/

This is a good example as the blind cygwin user is know to this list:

http://superuser.com/questions/40545/upgrading-and-installing-packages-through-the-cygwin-command-line

Still apt-cyg doesn't seem the official approach as it hosted on google.

I plan to fetch source packages by simple use of wget if there isn't a
more official and specific way.

Al