how to enable the very convenient copy/paste editing method in Cgywin?

SJ Wright sjwright68@charter.net
Wed Sep 22 13:07:00 GMT 2010

Andy Koppe wrote:
> On 22 September 2010 01:54, SJ Wright wrote:
>
>> New on me. I'll  start using mintty asap. Must be better than Terminator. I
>> did a cutesy thing with an echo-ed ellipse to mark time while a script
>> iterated over some lines in a list: rxvt wrapped each unbroken string to 80
>> characters while Terminator ran them off the right-hand side of the window
>> before doing so. You set it as many times as you want to 80x24 or 80x40 (or
>> whatever) and it still does what it pleases. Except that Console2 unerringly
>> preferred my old MinGW .bashrc file to my Cygwin one, I wouldn't recommend
>> it to anyone looking for a tabbed terminal emulator.
>>
>> How's mintty on that btw?
>>

> It'll start your Cygwin shell unless told otherwise on the command
> line. Lines wrap at the screen edge. There are no tabs (but you can
> switch among mintty windows with Ctrl+Tab).
>
> Andy
>
> --

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant to ask, are there any
plans to make MinTTY multi-tab capable, or is it "there" already?
I presumed if it was the "going thing" as a substitute to RXVT, it would
perform similarly when tasked to run scripts and such.

Steve W.