Cygwin instabilities

Markus Hoenicka markus.hoenicka@mhoenicka.de
Mon Sep 13 16:52:00 GMT 2010

Al <oss.elmar@googlemail.com> was heard to say:

> No that is not the way to go. I think there are people which run
> Cygwin on more than 1 machine, so they have a personal estimation and
> experience.

Yes, and this is where the Cygwin archives come in handy. If there are
users running Cygwin on lots of machines, they are likely to run into
problems once in a while, and they're likely to use the list for
reporting these problems. If Cygwin was as instable as you apparently
suspect, you'd find plenty of reports in the archives. I haven't
noticed any such large-scale reports about instabilities in several
years of lurking on this list, but your thorough perusal of the
archives may well prove me wrong.

regards,
Markus

--