How does one change the default shell?

RISINGP1@nationwide.com RISINGP1@nationwide.com
Thu Sep 2 22:29:00 GMT 2010

I use pdksh as my login shell - I have been using the Korn shell (thanks
Dave!) since 1984 or so, so it is what I am used to and has features I
haven't been able to find in bash - at least not yet.  So to expedite
script writing, I use the ksh language and features  Every time that I
write a script, I have to remember to put in the shebang line
(#!/bin/pdksh) or half the time my scripts won't work.

Is there a way to change the default shell for cygwin?  I checked the user
guide and the FAQ, but no joy there.  I tried setting and exporting the
SHELL variable, but that did not work.

Thanks,

- Phil
Phil Rising, Principal Consultant for Sogeti USA, LLC
Contracted to Nationwide, Corporate Internet and Contact Center Solutions
Team
(Work) (614) 677-7445, (Fax) (614) 677-7046
Alternate email: Phil.Rising@us.sogeti.com