Fwd: Windows File permissions are not being inherited - Cygwin 1.7 - Windows 7

Vasya Pupkin cygwin@bsrealm.net
Wed Sep 1 13:52:00 GMT 2010

Cygwin uses NTFS ACLs to imitate POSIX style permissions. It can also
be configured to not touch ACL's at all, but setup program ignores
that and messes up permissions every time something is
installed/updated.