Unable to remap error

Wed Oct 27 21:51:00 GMT 2010

On 10/27/2010 10:43 AM, Harie Ram wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 7:57 PM, Harie Ram<hari.ram66@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> 1. You have 3rd party DLLs built with Cygwin.  These won't get rebased
>>>      by default because rebaseall doesn't know about them.  Read the
>>>      readme for details on how to include these other DLLs
>>
>> How would I know which are the 3rd party dlls ?? I have installed the
>> packages from the Cygwin website only.
>>
>> 2.<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA>
>>
>> BLODA is not a problem for sure as the same list of applications are
>> there on Windows XP also and this package is working absolutely fine.
> Hi Team,
> Can someone reply to this question ?
> How would I know which are the 3rd party dlls ?? I have installed the
> packages from the Cygwin website only.

Assuming you haven't built any yourself, you'd have to look for these.
There are tools out there that are built using Cygwin and depend on
cygwin1.dll but don't come from cygwin.com.  In a rough approximation
of a brute force approach (assuming you can't more intelligently determine
a good list to investigate), you can search for all *.dll files on your
system and run each through 'cygcheck' looking for 'cygwin1.dll' in the
output.  Any that you find that aren't from the packages you installed
(under your Cygwin root directory) would be the ones you need to consider.
 From a practical standpoint, if you're seeing the problem now, the
problematic DLL(s) would be loaded so you can certainly limit what you
look at to those apps that are currently running (or would run when you
see the problem).

Holliston, MA 01746