cygwin + xwin in win7 as unprivileged user?

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Wed Oct 13 16:49:00 GMT 2010

On 11/10/2010 15:38, davidstvz wrote:
> The problem is, it continues running in the background with the permissions
> of the user that originally started it, and then other users can't do
> anything with it (even when the first user logs off and a new user logs on
> it continues running).

If you really are logging off (and not using user switching), the XWin process
really should be terminated.  If it doesn't shutdown in response to the
WM_ENDSESSION it's sent, it'll be forcibly terminated.

However, there seems to be a bug with Xwin that we don't shutdown cleanly when
sent WM_ENDSESSION, and so leave behind the lock file and unix socket, which
will cause a subsequent attempt to run Xwin by a different, non-privileged
user to fail.

Thanks for reporting the problem.

--
Jon TURNEY