Which CHOST?

Al oss.elmar@googlemail.com
Tue Oct 12 09:45:00 GMT 2010

2010/10/11 Eric Blake <eblake@redhat.com>:
> On 10/11/2010 02:21 PM, Al wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> what is the current CHOST?
>
> I'm not sure what you meant by CHOST - it's not an environment variable that
> I'm familiar with.  Who expects it to be set?  Did you mean target triplet?

Hello Eric,

To correct myself, it seems $CHOST is not that Gentoo specific.

Have a look into the sources of zlib. You will find a usage example of
$CHOST in ./configure.

zlib is an interesting case, anyway. The default case of the unpatched
sources builds on Cygwin, but if you set the $CHOST correctly it runs
into a special CYGWIN case. It forgets to set $LDSHARED and the
Makefile breaks. Hence, you find a big patch for Cygwin.

Al

--
Caution crosser:  Runnig Gentoo/Prefix on Cygwin/Vista.
All stupid questions are related to that context.