C-o in GNU MC and mintty/rxvt issue?

Oleksandr Gavenko gavenko@bifit.com.ua
Wed May 12 14:20:00 GMT 2010

Recently I decide switch from Far/Total Commander to GNU MC.

I use Cygwin 1.7.1.

MC is look beauty with mintty but I have issue:

  1. when press C-o to see ls output, it have irregular structure,
not indented by column, like column width set to infinity:

{{{
Application Data    PrintHood
                              Bluetooth Software  PrivacIE
             Cookies                 Recent
                                           gsview32.ini           SendTo
                           IETldCache        UserData
        Local Settings       WINDOWS
                                    NetHood      Главное меню
                NTUSER.DAT           Избранное
                                             ntuser.dat.LOG       Мои
документы
                                  ntuser.ini     Рабочий стол
                ntuser.ini.sum       Шаблоны
                                            $ ls
}}}

  2. command output printed before command itself:

{{{
                                  xxx xterm xxx
$ echo xxx $TERM xxx
}}}

  3. Second shell not available.
On Debian I get prompt after pressing C-o, with Cygwin MC pressing
any key back me to MC screen.