Cygwin visual brand

Tue May 11 17:17:00 GMT 2010

On 5/11/2010 8:59 AM, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] wrote:

<snip>

> I agree that setup is to generic.  Additionally, sometimes the security
> settings/antivirus might not allow one to either download or run
> something called setup.  Personally, I like<cygsetup.exe>.  See
> <http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2008-03/msg00117.html>.

I'm not "picking on" Barry here but I'd like to suggest that this thread
not get bogged down in a discussion of a tangent topic of how "setup.exe"
should be named.  Threads on this subject can be found in the email archives
and it has been clear in those that the "setup.exe" name is here to stay.
So in my opinion, further discussion of this topic in this thread is an
unproductive distraction.

Holliston, MA 01746