Setup.exe don't remember previos settings

Rance Hall ranceh@gmail.com
Thu May 6 12:35:00 GMT 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 12:57 AM, DEWI - N. Zacharias
<N.Zacharias@dewi.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Every time I run setup.exe to update the installation  I have to fill in the Root Directory ,the Local Package Directory and the Download Site.
>
> Because this is  annoying  and my colleagues which only using Cygwin are irritated by this I want to know if and how this behavior could be changed.
>
> Have a nice day
> Norbert
>
> Ps. Setup version is 2.697

Do some research into running setup.exe from the command line.  You
can feed any number of options to pre answer all of the questions
setup asks.

I have two scripts that I use once cygwin is installed.  one answers
everything except shows me the package selector screen so I can
install new packages if needed.

I have another that just updates what is there, no questions asked.  I
use my cygwin as a client so there are no server apps to configure,
etc.   This works for me

Nicholas is right, the setup is supposed to remember those answers for
you, but I don't prefer to be asked the question at all.