How to remove those previously downloaded packges?

hzgmaxwell@sohu.com hzgmaxwell@sohu.com
Tue May 4 09:47:00 GMT 2010

It's good to hear that you ever had same requirement with me.
I run your script, unfortunately, I'm disappointed as soon as I have a quick loop of the output, see the alternatives and bash.

release/alternatives/alternatives-1.3.30c-2.tar.bz2
X release/alternatives/alternatives-1.3.30c-3.tar.bz2
release/ash/ash-20040127-4.tar.bz2
X release/base-files/base-files-3.7-1.tar.bz2
X release/base-passwd/base-passwd-2.2-1.tar.bz2
X release/bash/bash-3.2.48-21.tar.bz2
release/bash/bash-3.2.49-22.tar.bz2

Anyway, setup.ini is a good clue to check old versions. But my concern is still there.

To clear old packages with script depends too much on packages' name.

While for setup.exe, it is very easy, it can just empty a directory before downloading a relevant package to the directory.