File extension for the copy of python2.5.exe

Jim Eberle jim.eberle@fastnlight.com
Sat May 1 16:37:00 GMT 2010

Part of the latest python rollout involved converting the "python" symlink
into a full file copy. I was wondering if this could be renamed to
"python.exe".

Without the ".exe" extension, doing a CreateProcess() on "python" fails even
if the python file exists and is in the calling process' %PATH%.

Likewise, running "python" from a CMD shell (some people do this) fails for
the same reason.

I don't think this would break things on the Cygwin side -- witness
"ls.exe".

Thanks,
Jim