compiling apache2.2.6 package fails on cygwin 1.7

Jakob Curdes jc@info-systems.de
Fri Mar 12 10:11:00 GMT 2010

http://cygwin-ports.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cygwin-ports/ports/trunk/www/apache2/

 >I just updated this for the latest stable release. I'm having some
trouble actually starting it, but that could easily be a configuration
 >issue. This should get you started though.
 >
 >>    but...even that might be tricky, as the cygwin-ports buildscript for
 >>    apache2 may assume the presence of other packages from cygwin-ports,
 >>    which are not yet available in the main distro.  YMMV.
 >
 >AFAICS here are the deps, all of which are in the distro:
 >
 >crypt
 >libapr1-devel
 >libaprutil1-devel
 >libpcre-devel
 >openldap-devel
 >openssl-devel
 >zlib-devel

That sounds great and the fact that the mainstream package has not been
touched for a long time might explain a lot.
I have all the dependencies anyway and will try the ports package ASAP.
Report goes back to the list.

Thanks for now,
Jakob Curdes