cron fails to run as a service

Paul McFerrin pmcferrin@columbus.rr.com
Tue Mar 2 07:14:00 GMT 2010

I've been using "cron" for more that a few weeks without any problems,
until my needs changed.  I installed cron as a service using
"cygrunsrv".  I keep getting errors about creating lockfile.  I removed
the lockfile but it got created again.  At first, I got the Win32 error
and ran the cron_diagnose.sh script and got it further along but still
nogo.  Attached is a copy of "cronbug.txt" as instructed.  It is trying
to start cron, but cron fails to start as a service.  It run perfectly
when not a service/

One difference:  the service control manager added a "-n" option to my
cron command that I did not specify.  How can I turn off this feature??

- Paul