ImageMagick 6.4.0.6-2 does not work out-of-the-box on a fresh Cygwin install: Possible package dependency issue?

William Blunn bill+cygwin@blunn.org
Mon Jun 28 08:43:00 GMT 2010

ImageMagick 6.4.0.6-2 does not work out-of-the-box on a fresh Cygwin
install.

We are missing "cyggomp-1.dll", "cygltdl-7.dll", and "cygtiff-5.dll".
(See session log below.)

 From the way that selecting one package in setup.exe sometimes seems to
select other packages, I assumed that Cygwin had package dependency
resolution.

But if that is the case, surely ImageMagick (or one of its dependents)
should depend on the packages necessary to bring in the above missing DLLs.

Bill

-----8<-----
bill@bill-pc ~
$ convert
/usr/bin/convert.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot

bill@bill-pc ~
$ cygcheck convert
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\convert.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\convert.exe
Found: C:\Windows\system32\convert.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\convert.exe
Found: C:\cygwin\bin\convert.exe
C:\cygwin\bin\convert.exe
  C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
    C:\Windows\system32\ADVAPI32.DLL
      C:\Windows\system32\ntdll.dll
      C:\Windows\system32\KERNEL32.dll
      C:\Windows\system32\RPCRT4.dll
  C:\cygwin\bin\cyggcc_s-1.dll
  C:\cygwin\bin\cygMagickCore-1.dll
    C:\cygwin\bin\cygX11-6.dll
      C:\cygwin\bin\cygxcb-1.dll
        C:\cygwin\bin\cygXau-6.dll
        C:\cygwin\bin\cygXdmcp-6.dll
    C:\cygwin\bin\cygXext-6.dll
    C:\cygwin\bin\cygbz2-1.dll
    C:\cygwin\bin\cygfontconfig-1.dll
      C:\cygwin\bin\cygexpat-1.dll
      C:\cygwin\bin\cygfreetype-6.dll
        C:\cygwin\bin\cygz.dll
      C:\cygwin\bin\cygiconv-2.dll
    C:\Windows\system32\GDI32.dll
      C:\Windows\system32\USER32.dll
  C:\cygwin\bin\cygMagickWand-1.dll
cygcheck: track_down: could not find cyggomp-1.dll

cygcheck: track_down: could not find cygltdl-7.dll

cygcheck: track_down: could not find cygtiff-5.dll