Cygport improvements

JonY jon_y@users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jun 26 02:32:00 GMT 2010

Hello,

I am planning to bring mingw-w64 to cygwin. Here are some nits I found
when working with it.

* It sets CC=gcc
While not a major issue, it does present some issues when cross
compiling the mingw-w64 CRT.

* Implicitly setting --prefix=/usr
While I understand this is suitable for native builds, perhaps adding
some cross compile logic to disable this?

* Libtool logic too smart
This is partly a GCC issue too, since it insists installing dlls to
PREFIX/bin. However, manually moving around the dlls and fixing up the
.la paths after install causes cygport to fail with "[ ../../..: Unary
operator expected.", "../../.. not installed" of sorts error around
src_postinst.cygpart:590.

Packaging GCC presents some challenge, there is a packaging hack in the
src_install part. I will try to fix that in GCC.