cygwin 1.7.5, perl *** fatal error TP_NUM_W_BUFS too smal

Nasser M. Abbasi nma@12000.org
Mon Jun 7 08:45:00 GMT 2010

On 6/7/2010 12:46 AM, Reini Urban wrote:

> At the link above you'll see in bold
> "Run cygcheck -s -v -r>  cygcheck.out and include cygcheck.out as an
> attachment in your report.

Ok. But where to email the actual attachment and the report??  That is
what I am confused about.  To this mailing list (cygwin@cygwin.com)?

>> But what I did is document it all here, under the cygwin section
>> http://12000.org/my_notes/l2hwin/index.htm
>> Please feel free to use this as the report.
>

> Great.
>
> So it looks like we can make cygwin even more slower,
> eh, fix that in perl core for Win64 cygwin only,
> to sleep some milliseconds after a fork.
> We I need a confirmation because I cannot repro it.

Ok, I changed sleep, kept making it sleep longer and longer, up to
sleep(100), and the problem still there:

===============
  262:         my ($self,$cmd,$in,$out,$err) = @_;
      263:         carp qq{Debug (syswait): Running "$cmd"\n} if($Verbose);
      265:         my $status;
      266:         my $child_pid;
      267:         if ($child_pid = fork) {
      268:           sleep(100);
######### Forked, but do not know how to create a new TTY. #########
   Since two debuggers fight for the same TTY, input is severely entangled.

   I know how to switch the output to a different window in xterms, OS/2
   consoles, and Mac OS X Terminal.app only.  For a manual switch, put
the name
   of the created TTY in $DB::fork_TTY, or define a function
   DB::get_fork_TTY() returning this.

   On UNIX-like systems one can get the name of a TTY for the given window
   by typing tty, and disconnect the shell from TTY by sleep 1000000.

      275:           unless(exec($cmd)) {
       0 [main] perl 3748 C:\cygwin\bin\perl.exe: *** fatal error -
Internal error: TP_NUM_W_BUFS too small.
      269:           $status = waitpid($child_pid, 0);
      270:           carp "Debug (syswait): Finished child process:
#$child_pid\n"
      271:             if($Verbose);
      272:           $child_pid = 0;
      273:           return($?);
==========================

> Do you have any process hook application running,
> such as an antivir SW listed in BLODA?
> http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda

Yes, I have NOD32 Antivirus, 64 bit version running on my PC. Version
4.2.4, windows 7 home premium 64 bit on intel i7-930.

btw, That list seems to list every anti-virus software out there :)

I'll go turn off nod32 real time protection now for one minute while I
run the test again to see if it makes a difference....

ok, I am back.

Turned off nod32, run the test, and the problem is STILL there.

thanks
--Nasser