OCaml update / new maintainer?

Tue Jun 1 17:38:00 GMT 2010

On 2010-06-01 11:21, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> Has anyone taken over maintainership of ocaml?  I seem to remember that we
> had a volunteer a few months back...

I think I scared him away with the details. :-)

> ocaml needs to be updated.  The current version (3.08.1) is several years
> old.  I'm currently trying to build the latest version of Unison, and the
> build is failing.  There are changes in the Unison Makefile that seem to
> use newer features of OCaml, but I can't be sure without trying it on a
> more recent version.

Agreed.  In the meantime, there are packages in Ports, which also
support stublibs and natdynlink modules:

http://cygwin-ports.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cygwin-ports/ports/trunk/devel/flexdll/
http://cygwin-ports.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cygwin-ports/ports/trunk/lang/ocaml/

(There's an interdependency between these two, so you'll want the binary
packages first, then build flexdll followed by ocaml.)

The binary ocaml-labltk package in Ports uses my *NIX/X11 Tcl/Tk, so it
can't go straight into the distro as-is, unless we finally make that
change as well.

Yaakov