Question on Java and Cygwin

Fri Jul 30 22:04:00 GMT 2010

On 7/30/2010 2:55 PM, Ernest Mueller wrote:

> We are trying to launch some Java apps from within Cygwin.  The problem
> we're having is that then Java file IO operations want to use Windows paths
> and use \ as the default path separator.  (This is different from classpath
> problems or using cygpath to convert stuff you're passing in on the command
> line).  We need to override the File.separator (path separator) so that
> Java will be able to perform many file IO operations (like making a
> directory).  Anyone have any experience with that?

Try these wrappers:

http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/wrappers/java/?cvsroot=cygwin-apps

They haven't been updated in a while, but they will probably give you a
good place to start:

===================================
This is 'java-wrappers' version 0.96

This directory contains a set of wrappers for the Windows versions of
the Java SDK programs.  The wrappers should let all Java-related Unix
scripts work with no modifications.

In this version, the scripts look for the Java installation in the
directory specified in the JAVA_HOME environment variable.  This may
eventually be done via an auto-generated config file.

The scripts have been tested with the Sun and IBM 1.4.2 JDKs and the
Sun and IBM 1.5.0 SDKs.

--
Chuck