a2ps on Cygwin quietly exits with code 127 on Windows 7

Rasputin Paskudniak rpaskudniak@yahoo.com
Tue Jul 27 05:38:00 GMT 2010

On 7/26/2010 11:53 PM, Dave Korn wrote:
> On 23/07/2010 21:23, Beau Nanaz wrote:
>> Greetings.
>>
>> I have a new Windows-7 machine and one of the first things I downloaded
>> was Cygwin, making sure to include a2ps and ps2pdf.
>>
>> Unlike the flawless running (after diddling $HOME/.a2ps/a2psrc) I had
>> under my previous XP box, This one is misbehaving: It does nothing
>> visible, even for a2ps --version.
>
>    Try installing libintl2.  a2ps.exe depends on that very old version but
> doesn't mention it explicitly in its setup.hint dependencies.  (Probably it
> used to get pulled in by default anyway by some other package but now the last
> other thing that used to use v2 of libintl has been updated to a more recent
> one so there's nothing left to cause it to be installed any more.)
>
>      cheers,
>        DaveK

YEOWW!  That did it.  My problem has been solved - I just ran it ant
then ran that through ps2pdf.  Beautiful!!

Thank you!  Now where is there an FAQ on a2ps so we can add that to the
list.  I can't be the only one banging my head against the wall on this
issue.  (And whatever nomm de guerre I am using, my first name is *not*
Harvey. ;-)

--
|- In perpetual pursuit of undomesticated aquatic avians -|