Compiling node.js fails

David Vergin dvergin@gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 21:34:00 GMT 2010

Running Windows 7 Pro 64x. cygcheck.out attached.

I'm trying to compile node.js
I cloned the source from the node.js git repo at
     git://github.com/ry/node.git

The claim on the official node.js web site is that it should work on
Cygwin:  http://nodejs.org/#build   And there are reports of success
compiling on cygwin over recent months on the web.

But:
---------------------8<------------------------------------------
$ ./configure
Checking for program g++ or c++          : /usr/bin/g++
Checking for program cpp                 : /usr/bin/cpp
Checking for program ar                  : /usr/bin/ar
Checking for program ranlib              : /usr/bin/ranlib
Checking for g++                         : ok
Checking for program gcc or cc           : /usr/bin/gcc
       0 [main] python 3968 C:\cygwin\bin\python.exe: *** fatal error -
unable to remap \\?\C:\cygwin\lib\python2.6\lib-dynload\time.dll to same
address as parent: 0x360000 != 0x3E0000
       1 [main] python 8064 fork: child 3968 - died waiting for dll
/c/bin/node.js.git.files/node/wscript:132: error: could not configure a
c compiler!

For what it's worth:
$ which cc gcc
/usr/bin/cc
/usr/bin/gcc

Is this fixable? If I can supply more info, please advise.

TIA
David