ln -- is there a way to get the old behavior back? (ENV var?)

Linda Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Wed Jul 7 07:12:00 GMT 2010

Eric Blake wrote:
> As is, your question didn't make much sense to me; please
> show a transcript of exact command line sequences showing what you
> are trying to accomplish and why you think that cygwin isn't
> doing the right thing, rather than just describing it in words.
---
Will do --- I may have confused myself.

I have a bunch of links in a home dir, and I though they were cygwin hard
links -- which I thought had been changed to be different from the NTFS
hard links so that tar and such could back them up.  Ug...Now that I think
about it, it's the soft links that were changed to be different from
the WinExplorer links...oh...frack...

Never mind...

Though I still liked the symbolic links the old way -- from what I remember,
as they'd work in windows explorer, but that's not what I was asking for
never mind!...*blush*...

Hey...I have fs problems on the brain (though they are more linux fs problems
than Win fs problems this time...stressful, since my linux server has been
my bedrock -- and to have it act up! .. my world is unstable!

sorry for the confusion!
linda